For something a little different, please join us on our first annual PEP ride (Pedal / Eat / Paddle).
Date: Wednesday July 26, 2017
Start location: Trap Pond State park - Laurel, De.
Ride start time: 9:00 am, please arrive earlier to ensure an on-time start.
We will be doing an approximately 30 mile, "C" ride starting and ending at Trap Pond state park.
This will be followed by a picnic (around Noon) at Trap Pond of whatever each participant brings for themselves to eat and drink.
To top off the day, after dining al fresco, we will be Paddling the Trap Pond lake / water trails. Nothing strenuous, just an hour or two or wandering the waterways and trying to stay in the boat.
Anyone is welcome to join any or all portions of this day. Come out just to ride, just to eat, just to paddle or any combination thereof.
- Park in Trap Pond state park in the area near the Boat Ramp / Boat Rental / Nature Center, Admission to the park is $4 for Delaware vehicles, $8 for out of State vehicle (unless you have a Delaware state park annual or lifetime pass)
- Bring your food and drink for the day and have it in a cooler sufficiently chilled to last 4 hours in your vehicle.
- Bring a change of clothes (or 2) as desired. There are indoor restroom facilities onsite.
- If you have a boat, or anything else that floats and you can paddle, bring it. Be sure to bring your Personal Floatation Device also. It's as important when paddling as a helmet is when cycling.
- If you do not have a boat, but want to paddle, there is a variety of watercraft available for nominal hourly rental (Kayak single $9, Kayak double $11, Canoe $8, Rowboat $7).
- There will be several experienced kayakers available to act as guides, instructors and rescue boats as needed.
- Bring your Sunscreen and Bug spray.
This ride is replacing the usual C ride from Peddlers Village (Thank you Bob Brothschol)
If needed, a rain date will be the following Wednesday, August 2nd.
Please get back to me no later than July 19th if you are planning on joining.