2019 DoubleCross – June 29th
Many bicycle rides cross states that are measured in hundreds of miles and many days. The White Clay Bicycle Club offers an alternative that is modest in time, effort and stamina (a bicycle ride nearly anyone can do) that crosses and “doublecrosses” an entire state in 62 total miles (metric century) over flat terrain. In addition to the traditional metric century route, we offer shorter 31 mile loops for those who would like a shorter ride.
The metric century ride is laid out on a figure eight pattern, beginning and ending at Smyrna High School, Smyrna Delaware. We first go east to Woodland Beach on the Delaware Bay, Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge, and a return through the fishing town of Leipsic, DE. Return to Smyrna to complete a 31 mile ride, or enjoy a rest stop before heading west on the second 31 mile loop taking you to Millington Wildlife Demonstration Area and the Blackiston Wildlife Area.
All routes will be marked and SAG supported. Cue sheets will be available at Registration. GPS-type files (and cue in PDF) will be made available to pre-registrants.
Email questions to: email@example.com
Date: Saturday, June 29, 2019
Time: Ride starts at 7 am EDT (no mass start)
Route closes at 3 pm
Day of registration open between 7 am to 9 am
- Online Registration Closing Date: June 23, 2019 at 11:59 pm (EDT)
- No mail-in registration will be accepted
- Register online at BikeReg.com thru 06/23/19 – Select this link to Register – http://www.bikereg.com/wcbc-doublecross-metric $30 after 6/23
- Take advantage of Pre-Registration Discounts:
- $20 ** $10 discount for Early Pre-Registration
Effective from 01/10/19 to 06/02/19 at 11"59 pm
- $25** $5 discount for Pre-Registration
Effective 06/03/19 to 06/23/19 at 11:59 pm
- Day-of Walk-up registration only after June 23 is $30 per person
- 2019 major event brochure in process to be posted soon.