About the Sea Gull Century
NOTE: NO DAY - OF REGISTRATION - Online registration will close on Monday, September 30th at midnight EST
Sea Gull Century on Saturday, October 5, 2019, a nationally acclaimed bicycling event, beginning and ending on the campus of Salisbury University, tours the picturesque Eastern Shore of Maryland and offers two routes:
Assateague Century Tour (100 miles)
Princess Anne Metric Tour (65 miles)
Information Table: Located in Maggs Center main lobby
- Friday, 3-8 p.m., and
- Saturday, 6:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m.
EXPOSITION - Maggs Center
RIDE Start and Finish Information:
- Located on the east side of campus near the corner of Bateman and Wayne streets.
- “Show-and-Go” start, no need to check-in
Start between 7-9 a.m.
- Start Time 1st Heat: 7-7:45 am Pace groups and faster riders. For cycling safety, if you typically pass riders please use this start time.
- Start Time 2nd Heat: 7:50-8:45 am All other riders.
- Return by 6 p.m. when route services end.
- After 5 p.m., please dismount and walk your bike through the tunnel to main campus.
Safety Rules and Guidelines: Obey all traffic laws, including Maryland bicycle laws and Sea Gull Century rules. Helmets are required. More comprehensive safety guidelines are provided in the registration packet.
First Aid/Emergency Needs: Available in mobile units along the route and at rest stops. Please carry your cellular phone in a waterproof cover.
Bike Techs: Stationed at each rest stop for ride support. Please tune bike prior to ride!
Rest Stops include:
Assateague Century Tour (100 miles):
Byrd Park 8 a.m.- 4 p.m.
Newark Park 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
Assateague State Park 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Powellville VFW 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Princess Anne Metric Tour (65 miles):
Washington High School 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
Byrd Park 9 a.m.- 4 p.m.